Friday, July 19, 2013

Guacamole and Pico de Gallo Step by Step

Two of my favorite little appetizers are guacamole and pico de gallo. They are simple to make and require just a few fresh ingredients. I can honestly say that I make them just about every week here at home. I'm sure many of you have your own versions of guacamole and pico so please feel free to leave me a comment to let me know how you make them.

This is my guacamole step by step......

 
The Main ingredient!


For an awesome tasting guacamole the star of the show the "Aguacate" (avocado) must be carefully picked. I usually do a good job at picking good ones, I make sure they are not too soft and not too hard. The skin should look dark green and should kind of bounce back when lightly squeezed. I cut 4 beautiful avocados in half. Aren't they beautiful?!

Then of course the back up ingredients that just bring this dish to life are 2 roma tomatoes, about 1/4 of a cup of onion, and 1/4 of a cup of cilantro. (All diced)......


and a pinch of salt and garlic salt. Oh, and 1/2 of a lime. Sorry, I forgot to add my little lime in the photo shoot, but it is a very important ingredient.


First, take that big old pit out of the avocado then scoop it out into a medium sized bowl.



I use a potato masher to mash it up. But I like my guacamole a little lumpy so I leave some big pieces in there.



Then, just toss in the tomatoes, onion and cilantro.


And lets not forget my little lime again!


 And gently stir.


Buen Provecho son! Enjoy!


And next up is my beautiful yet spicy Pico de Gallo!!!


It's basically the same idea as the guacamole except the star of this little dish is the Jalapeño.



I used 1 jalapeño, 5 roma tomatoes, about 1/4 cup of onion and 1/4 cup of cilantro (all diced)...... and again that darn little lime! I keep forgetting the lime. And salt to taste.



Toss all of it in a bowl and ....


Add a little splash of lime and salt to taste.


This is my "Princesa"...... my dad says that she is "calladita pero picosa!" just like my pico.
Buen Provecho mi Princesa!




No comments:

Post a Comment