Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Best Cookie Ever!!


I have been MIA for a little over a month....But no worries, I'm back. I've been so busy with school but I'm hoping to have more time from now on. I'm still pressed for time but I wanted to share one of my favorite cookie recipes. I know there's a lot of recipes out there for chocolate chip cookies but this is my absolute favorite. My good friend Diana shared it with me and I have to say that it was love at first bite. These cookies are thin and crispy and addictive! Due to my busyness I couldn't do my usual step by step but since I made these for my husband's boss on bosses day I wanted to share them with you.

What you need:
1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)





Preheat oven to 350° 

In a large bowl add softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar..mix with electric mixer until light and fluffy.

Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.

Next, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well.

Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Line cookie sheet with parchment paper 

Drop rounded teaspoonful of cookie dough onto lined cookie sheet. (12 per sheet)

Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

cool on wire rack. (makes about 4 dozens)


I made these for bosses day but I couldn't keep the kids away.....





Buen Provecho!!



  post signature

5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! I haven't met a chocolate chip cookie I didn't like, neither my little one who can't get enough of them! Thank You so much for sharing this delicious recipe and the fun picture of your family with us at the Fluster Buster Party, Buen Provecho con todas sus comidas! and join us again next week! Lizy, party co host!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lizy! Thank you so much for co hosting and for stopping by...I completely agree, there is nothing better than a homemade cookie. Looking forward to linking up again next week.

      have a great weekend!

      Liz

      Delete
  2. I swear this is just like my recipe only I double it. They are the best chocolate chip cookies ever for sure! Glad to have you back! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz, this looks like a pretty good recipe and a good looking cookie. I might just have to give it a try and see how it compares to mine. Thanks so much for linking up to Thriving on Thursdays. it was great to see you.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg your kids are so cute especially the smallest one

    ReplyDelete