Thursday, September 25, 2014

Linguini with Spicy Poblano Sauce!!

This dish is so simple but so yummy and filling!! I think my prince charming could have it every week without complaint if I made it every week. He likes anything spicy. Although, to his disappointment, I can't make this dish as spicy as I would like because of my little Lydia. She can take a little spice but not as much as her daddy does. This little pasta dish could be a side but it's so darn delicious it's just fine all by itself.


Here's Everything you need:
4 Beautiful Poblano Peppers



2-4 Serrano Chilies (I only ended up using one)
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon of Knorr (Chicken Flavor Bouillon)
I put this ingredient in so many of my dishes, you can find a picture of the container in so many of my other posts if you look around :)





1 Cup of Milk



1 Cup of Sour Cream 
16 oz Linguini Pasta


Bunch of Cilantro


First, cook pasta according to package instructions, then 
place poblano peppers and serrano chilies on a comal (griddle) on medium high heat. 



They should look like this.....


Then just peel off the outside layer of the poblanos.
When they are nice and toasty, this process is easy.


If you don't get it all off that's ok, most of it will come off....


Then remove the stems and the seeds.
You don't have to remove the seeds from the serrano chilies, that will give the sauce a little spice.


Next, Throw it all in a blender....
Poblanos peppers, Serrano chilies (remove the stem),Cilantro, Knorr, Milk
Sour Cram andGarlic

Pulse until creamy!!

Pour over already cooked Linguini pasta...
Top it off with some Cacique Queso Fresco and cilantoro!!


Buen Provecho!!

Print This Recipe

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for attending week 3 of #PureBlogLove and linking your fantastic blog post. The color on that pasta is fantastic. What a lovely combination of flavors.
    I can't wait to see what you have in store for our party next week Thursday 8 PM EST- Sundays at midnight . Have a great day!
    Nicole
    http://picnicnz.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Nicole for such a thoughtful comment! And thank you for hosting. Hope you have a great day as well :)

      Liz

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I love peppers and cilantro and cream and pasta. I'm trying this one for sure. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! I hope you get to try it :) I made it again yesterday and instead of milk I used heavy cream. Let me know how it turns out for you! Thanks for stopping by!

      Have a great weekend,
      Liz

      Delete
  3. Your Linguini with Spicy Poblano Sauce is a fantastic dish that we will just love! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miz Helen! I hope you do get to enjoy it :) Have a wonderful day!

      Liz

      Delete
  4. I love roasted poblano peppers.
    What a great sauce--I think I would end up eating a lot of it before it even made it on the pasta!
    Thank you for stopping by and linking this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I always make extra because it's my husband's favorite sauce!!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing at Adorned From Above's Link Party.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete