Saturday, September 7, 2013

Busy Doesn't Have to Mean Take Out

I knew that this would happen.....it's been over a week since my last post!! Not only did the kids start school but I started another semester of school as well. I told myself that busyness would not keep me from posting and sad to say it has. However, it will not keep me out of my kitchen. These days dinner has to be kept simple. I have to leave everything set up for Isabel or Prince Charming to just come home and warm a few things up. Well, one of my favorite go to meals for busy nights are these quick and easy tostadas.

For the record....Isabel, my 16 year old is usually my photographer but since she was at school I took on this little photo session on my own. So, please excuse my amateur pictures.  
Before I go on I wanted to give you a glimpse of what is consuming me right now............

Prokaryotes, Bacteria, Cell structure, fossil Succession.....it makes my head spin!!




Sometimes I am so tempted to just give in to take out and trust me I'm sure I will soon. But for now I'm hanging in there.






All you need is few ingredients:
Tostadas
Ground Beef
Big can of Refried Beans (that's right...canned beans, there's no shame in it)

a few spices:
Cumin
Salt
Garlic

And a few toppings:
Lettuce
Tomato
Avocado
Cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa (yes, store bought...no shame in that either :))
Brown your meat, drain the fat....add your spices and stir.
Put your beans in a microwave safe bowl and warm them up for about 2 minutes.
Set up a little self serve area.....

And let the assembly begin.


This was so effortless that I also made an awesome and easy Agua de Melon.
Buen Provecho!!

post signature




6 comments:

  1. I am almost embarrassed to admit this, but adding a packet of taco seasoning will flavor the meat wonderfully. My Mexican mother showed me this shortcut for when she was in a hurry.

    Briana from Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Briana,
      Thanks so much for stopping by :) Yes, I sometimes add a packet of taco seasoning but this time I used what I had in my pantry...

      Have a great week,
      Liz

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz,Thanks for stopping by today! We love Tostadas! & other Mexican foods. Feel free to share your recipes at my weekly party. There is still time if you didn't. You'll meet some super nice bloggers too. Your welocme to join in anytime if you like. Always on Friday's posts. Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, thank you for the invite, I will make sure and stop by again.
      Have a great week!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing over at Manic Monday! You're being featured tonight, so be sure to stop by!

    Renea - http://cupcake-n-bake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renea!!
      Thanks so much for the feature!! I'll make sure and brag about it on fb, twitter!

      Have a great week!

      Liz

      Delete